Mental Health Skill Building Services
Who is eligible?
- Adult population with Medicaid suffering from mental illness,
- Diagnosed with serious mental illness or
- Suffering from a dual diagnosis,
- Significant impairment in major life activities, and
- Individuals who meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Have difficulty with interpersonal relationships that effect their daily living
- Unable to recognize personal danger or inappropriate social behavior.
- Require help in basic living skills to ensure safety and protect public.
Have or had a prescription for anti-psychotic, mood stabilizing, or antidepressant medications within the 12 months
Have a prior history of any of the following: psychiatric hospitalization; residential crisis stabilization, Intensive Community Treatment (ICT) or Program of Assertive Community Treatment (PACT) services; placement in a psychiatric residential treatment facility
(RTC Level C); or Temporary Detention Order (TDO) pursuant to the Code of Virginia §37.2-809(B) evaluation as a result of decompensation related to serious mental illness
What are Mental Health Skill Building services?
- Initial assessment of competency & adaptive functioning,
- Individualized treatment plan to address identified issues,
- Community-based intervention and crisis response,
- Weekly collaboration with qualified mental health professionals,
- Assistance with accessing community supports and resources
- Education and training on skills of independent living to ensure health and safety.
Additional Adult Service(SC Only)
- PRS(Psychosocial Rehabilitation)
How do I make a referral?
- Contact the Danville office
- Referrals can be taken over the phone or faxed
- We can provide presentations and trainings to you or your organization. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call us directly at (434) 791-3950
Where to Find Us
Therapeutic Intervention Services Inc.
413 Mount Cross Rd. Suite 106
Danville, VA 24540
Phone: (434) 791-3950
Fax: (434) 799-2628
Crisis Line: (434) 791-3950
Family Therapeutic Services
1210 Progressive Dr.
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Phone: (757) 410-0382
Fax: (757) 410-0386
Or use our contact form.
9am-5pm Monday-Friday EST